***This course requires a National Senior Certificate
– Information Technology and Telecommunications Directors
– IT Specialist Managers
– IT Project and Programme Managers
– IT Business Analysts
– IT Architects and Systems Designers
Technology is the future and technical support services are key to ensuring smooth operations. This is done through correct setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and problem-solving.
The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels.
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded entry-level Systems Support professional with a good fundamental knowledge of the Information Technology field, coupled with interpersonal and business skills, allowing for specialisation in one of the following Systems Support fields:
– Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers
– Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products
– Data Communications and Networking (and any new field not specified yet, allowing for new specialisations in this area)