Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences
National Certificate: Environmental Practice, NQF2
– Environmental Practice Office/Manager
– Planned Agri Consultant
This series of qualifications will equip practitioners with the skills, knowledge and values to contribute towards the wise and effective use and management of our built environment, natural resources and ecological systems.
The specific purpose of this qualification represents the skills, knowledge and values required by competent practitioners to:
– Operate and maintain machinery and equipment and use resources in an environmentally responsible manner
– Apply basic principles and tools of environmental practice to avoid, minimise or remedy negative environmental impacts
With this understanding, practitioners will be able to engage productively and responsibly in work, individual or community-related activities in the field of environmental science, environmental management and waste management.
– Use simple, work-related machines and equipment in an environmentally efficient and effective manner
– Participate as a member of a team or group to achieve work and environmental objectives
– Gather, compare and report data relating to environmental impacts
– Use basic environmental tools in practical activities to prevent, correct or remedy environment impacts