Information Technology and Computer Sciences
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded IT professional building on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the FET Certificate in IT Technical Support. Employment opportunities upon completing the course/this qualification can lead to the following career opportunities:
– ICT Networking & Support Specialist
– ICT Support Technicians
– Server Operator
– Help Desk Support
– Call or Contact Centre Customer Services
– IT System Support Technician
– Network Administrator
– Network Designing
– Computer Sales
– IT Manager
– ONLINE COURSE
– No data costs
– Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organization.
– Understand the role of technology in the business context.
– Demonstrate basic application support skills.
– Demonstrate operating system support skills.
– Demonstrate network support skills.
– Relate business problems and information technology solutions.
– Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills.
– Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT support.
– Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team.
– Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers.
– Demonstrate an understanding of Systems Support contextualized within a selected work area.